Berenty tours with Rija Tous Guide Madagascar
- this tour will allow you to see the private park of Berenty where inhabit 6 kinds of lemurs including michievous ring tail lemurs, dancing verreaux sifaka, , , many sorts of birds, chameleons..
- easist way to observe lemurs up close
- visit of an ethnological interesting museum which will give knowledge of the Antandroy life; a dominant ethnic in the south.
- an opportunity to discover and admire the spiny forest and sisal fields.
- what a happiness of enjoying lemurs coming to you at first time of the day, during your breakfast! You payed your trip with money and time to look for them. I'm quite sure that you are more happy if they come to you; instead of looking for them in the forest. I think you are lucky for that.
When we are not at the northern point, we put our suitcases on the extreme south of the big island, in Berenty. This place is located in Fort Dauphin, two hours from the center of Tolagnaro in the southern province of Madagascar. It is a private reserve accessible by off-road car. The heart of this private park regroups a gallery forest and a refuge for lemurs, birds and reptiles. Great connoisseurs love this place because of the endemic birds called Couas and the six species of lemurs, some of which are endangered. These lemurs will come and say hello to you in the morning during your breakfast. Around this park stand also thorny trees and sisal fields, vegetation typical of the South of the big island. The craftsmen grow and gather them to make them handmade products that are useful on a daily basis. Others sell the finished products to serve as souvenirs. On the other hand, Berenty is not fixed on this authentic nature. The place also has An Ethnological Museum devoted to the life and the Antandroy people. This tribe fascinates visitors because of their way of life a bit special and their habits and customs.
Flying from Tana to Berenty
Pick up at the airport then drive to Berenty by driver and your guide then drive straignt to Berenty Reseve
- stop along to road to admire the local people, spiny forest and buy some hand craft made by the Antandroy trib.
- if you are not very tired, you can start the nignt walk with the guide; that will allow you to discover the animals active in the night.
- overnight in the Berenty lodge
Visit of the park
After the breakfast, the guide will take you to the park where you'll see ring tails lemurs, verreaux sifaka and othes kind of lemurs; bats, any many kinds of chameleons
You can visit also the museum which conserves
Drive back to Fort Dauphin; and you are free to visit the city.
drive to the airport for the flight to Tana
- The price of the tour is : €310 per person
- For single person : €570
- local guide
- hotels midrange
- all the transfers
- meals and hotels for driver/guide
- tickets of the parks
- your meals and drinks
- inland flight tickets
- things not mentioned above
Tsingy of Bemaraha Park
- Morondava and its legendary baobab trees,
- Refuge of the giant jumping rat 'Vositse'
- The biggest carnivorous of Madagascar 'Fosa'
- A navigation of another age by dugout,
- Majesty of the Tsiribihina river...
- Morondava, and the baobab trees country.
Sainte-Marie, Andasibe park
- The slow metamorphosis of the landscape
- Andasibe, the most attended Protected Areas
- Sainte Marie, a Garden-Island